Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Selling Art Online

About a year ago, I was talking about selling my art online. Some people said it was a good idea, and others said NOBODY would buy my art online. I spent a few months researching what may work for me, and I decided to give it a shot to an online gallery, BoundlessGallery.com, and actually signed up in February 2008. While I was doing so, I completely avoided people who said NOBODY would buy my art online, by eliminating any form of contact. I ignored phone calls from them and their Facebook friend statuses were DELETED without mercy. Some people are what so called “negative people,” and I decided I didn’t want anything to do with their craps that had nothing to do with reality. A month later I signed up with BoundlessGallery.com, I started selling, and in a few months I was listed as one of their best sellers. I directly sold 31 pieces online, and there were buyers who decided to see my art in person before purchasing them but they found my art online at BoundlessGallery.com, so if I include indirect sales I probably sold over 100 pieces thanks to online business. NOBODY would buy my art online? Negative people suck. My art had been listed online for just less than a year. I have been successful, but it was time for me to move on. I now want to do things differently, and the visible pricing to the World Wide Web became something I had to eliminate.