Tuesday, December 04, 2012
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Tuesday: 10 am - 6 pm
Wednesday: By Appointment
Thurs, Fri, Sat: 10 am - 6 pm
Thursday, November 15, 2012
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Wednesday, August 01, 2012
ORIGINAL008: acrylic painting on wood panel, 18x48 inches and 1.5 inch deep. title: "Unseen Land III"http://subjectiveart.blogspot.com/p/original-one-of-kind.html
18x48 inches original acrylic painting on wood panel of 2 inch deep
Purchase here http://subjectiveart.blogspot.com/p/original-one-of-kind.html
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
1. Visit the gallery that are linked from pages in this online store (service by Google)
2. Click on a image to make it bigger. For some people, captions appear by putting a cursor over the thumbnail. How it displays depends on what machine you are using, and which browser you are on, and whether you are logged in as a Google account holder or not. (You don't have to have a Google account to view the photo gallery)
3. Caption with item ID (Item ID looks like "ORIGINAL001") and description (dimensions and etc) usually shows up on the upper right. If not, it may show up below the photo. If not, look around and try finding item ID and texts that follow; that's where the caption appears on each photo.
4. You may have to click on "More" to read the entire texts associated with the photo
5. There are arrows on very right of the screen (of the photo) and very left of the screen. By clicking them, you can go forward or backward. Also, if you click on an image, it automatically goes to the next photo.
Let me know if there's something missing. Additional shots can be emailed to you upon request.
Friday, July 27, 2012
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Friday, July 06, 2012
What I am planning to do is to start with the small 11x8.5 inch prints, keep adding the items until the majority of the popular images are listed and become available for online purchase. Then I will add the larger format prints on those images with higher resolution files are available. So far, I have only two prints listed, but I have to start from somewhere, right? Here is the link to the Procrastinating Print Store.
Saturday, June 16, 2012
dimensions: 16x12 and 1.5 inch deep
original acrylic painting on stretched canvas, ready to hang with wire on back
Made on June 15, 2012
Colors: This piece is a pale subtle green. I tried my best to adjust the color on digital image to appear as close as the actual piece.
ONLINE OPEN STUDIO:
This flickr set shows how this piece progresses to completion.
Thursday, June 14, 2012
Continued after the long rectangular series I call "DNA Fragment" from the previous show, this blog entry shows how I make the wood panels. The photos associated with building (carpentry) wood panels (really boxes) are posted at a flickr set called "fate of four" here.
I use wood panels instead of canvases for the following reasons.
1. The dimensions required by customer or exhibition situations are not available as stretched canvases.
2. I don't have money and I can't buy stretched canvases.
3. Customers specified the painting to be on wood panels, not on canvas.
4. I have lumber product left-over sitting around and I feel they need to be made wood panels.
Ideally I would want to hire wood craft persons to make these boxes, but in reality I can't afford it most of time. Many of you may know that quality labor is the most expensive thing. So I construct them myself.
It is interesting, though that at first a lot of my potential buyers say, "No, not no wood." Then as they look at different paintings on different sizes and materials, many like it on wood, which frankly is a bad news for me because I have to make those boxes myself. They sell wood panels at craft stores, but they are often out of my budget, especially larger pieces.
Anyway, this photo set may give you some idea of what I do.
The show at a downtown caffe was given to me as a fill, due to a cancellation by someone else. In the first week I sold three paintings and the second week, another sale. One more sale is pending as of the moment as I type this.
This show will end at the end of this month (June 2012). If you happen to be around the Caffe 817, please stop by. The Caffe opens early, 7:30am and closes early, 3:30pm, catering hardworking (and relaxing) people. For more information about Caffe 817, please visit their web site at http://caffe817.com/
Tuesday, May 01, 2012
There are (too many) photos in my Flickr set if you want to see more!
My first public art on an utility box came true. This box is located on Telegraph
Avenue and 26th Street of Oakland. You can see this any time of the day (obviously better in Sunlight).
This is a part of the series of cerebration for the160th Birthday of City of Oakland. (May 4, 2012)
Below are some in-progress photos. The utility box was repeatedly attached by graffiti, tagging, posters, and painted over in gray paint over, and over, and over again. Scraping off of all above mentioned "crap" was one week of labor.
work in progress shot
cleaning in progress shot
more or less "before" shot