Monday, August 24, 2009

Palo Alto - Pleasant People!

The crowd of Palo Alto Festival of Arts 2009 was the most pleasant of all the outside art fairs I have attended as a vendor. Each community has its own character, and some are more pleasant than the others. Spending Saturday and Sunday on the street, I find Palo Alto's people educated, well mannered, and calm. On a contrary, I had been to the places, especially in South Florida, where the majority of people were already pissed (very angry) for no reason. It is no fun at all to be surrounded by angry rude people and try to sell stuff to them. In average art fairs go on for two days and it is not fun to be stuck in my booth in that unpleasant environment for two days. This time, although the sale was not that great, I didn't have the draining feeling at the end of the fair as I packed up my booth. Yes, being an outside vendor is physically tiring, being have to get up at 4 AM and coming home late at night, but to me, the hardest part is the dealing with the rude and narrow minded people, but there was just no such thing in the entire interaction with the people in Palo Alto. My "overly unique" work was well received with tons of complements and about a dozen sales. Needless to say, I will be definitely going back there.
Palo Alto Festival of Arts 2009 by you.
Palo Alto Festival of Arts 2009 by you.
Palo Alto Festival of Arts 2009 by you.